Dear MBIT Students and Families:
I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! As we return to school, here are a few reminders:
Hybrid Instructional Model
- Students who attend class 100% virtually are expected to participate synchronously on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and asynchronously on Wednesdays.
- All virtual and hybrid students are expected to complete and submit the assignment provided by their teacher asynchronously on Wednesdays; submitting the assignment will confirm their attendance and participation in class for the day. Students who do not submit the assignment by the assigned time will be marked absent.
- The commonwealth’s travel restrictions say that Pennsylvanians who are returning home after travel are required to either quarantine for 10 days without testing, or to quarantine for 7 days with a negative test on or after day 5 of quarantine. Please refer to attached website for additional information: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx
COVID Case Monitoring
- Due to the frequency of positive cases involving our students and staff, we will no longer issue schoolwide letters when we learn of one or more positive cases amongst students and/or staff. All stakeholders are able to stay abreast of trends in positive cases via our MBIT COVID-19 Dashboard. This dashboard is posted on the MBIT website and is updated on a daily basis.
- We will continue to issue classroom-specific letters where contact tracing is required, so that families are informed of situations that directly impact them.
- Families are asked to continue to monitor their student daily for fever or other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Students who are not feeling well should stay home. Students can still participate virtually. If a student is scheduled to attend in-person and he/she elects to stay home because of illness, the absence will be counted as “excused” upon receipt of an email or phone call from the parent or guardian. Parents/Guardians should email email@example.com or call 215-343-2480.
- As per the Pennsylvania Department of Education, "If case investigations, contact tracing, and cleaning and disinfecting can be accomplished in a faster time frame, the length of closure time may be shortened." We will continue to do our best to keep school open!
If you have any questions that are not addressed within this letter, please email them to StudentServices@mbit.org and we will get back to you with an answer.
HEALTH AGENCY RESOURCES