September 3, 2021
The Order of the Acting Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health issued on August 31, 2021, directs Face Coverings in School Entities. Therefore, beginning Tuesday, September 7, 2021, all staff, students, and visitors attending or visiting Middle Bucks shall wear a face covering indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
All alternatives to a face covering, including the use of a face shield, should be exhausted before an individual is exempted from this Order.
The following are qualifying exceptions to the face covering requirements:
- If wearing a face covering while working would create an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task as determined by local, state, or federal regulators or workplace safety guidelines.
- If wearing a face covering would either cause a medical condition, or exacerbate an existing one, including respiratory issues that impede breathing, a mental health condition or a disability.
- When necessary to confirm the individual’s identity.
- When working alone and isolated from interaction with other people with little or no expectation of in-person interaction.
- If an individual is communicating or seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired or has another disability, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- When the individual is under two (2) years of age.
- When an individual is:
- Engaged in an activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask, such as eating and drinking, or playing an instrument that would be obstructed by the face covering; or
- Participating in high intensity aerobic or aerobic activities, including during a physical education class in a well-ventilated location and able to maintain a physical distance of six feet from all other individuals.
- When a child/student is participating in a sports practice activity or event, indoors or outdoors.
If you have a qualifying exception to the mask covering requirement, please contact me at email@example.com or 215-343-2480 X100.
HEALTH AGENCY RESOURCES