2021-2022 School Year
Welcome to Middle Bucks Institute of Technology (MBIT), where student success is our first priority. You have made an excellent decision in selecting and developing a career pathway in our Automotive Technology Program. We are here to assist you in achieving your goals by providing a supportive environment for high-quality education.
Below is a list of items that your son/daughter will need as a first year or returning student in the Automotive Technology program. All items should be purchased and brought to class on the first day of school.
1. Work Boots/Shoes (oil and slip resistant soles, any color).
2. Work Pants (Navy Blue, three (3) minimum) available at Wal-Mart, Target, Kohl’s, etc.
3. AMT Shirts (Polo with MBIT logo; three (3) minimum) purchased directly from MBIT School Store
4. AMT Sweatshirt (with MBIT logo; two (2) minimum) purchased directly from MBIT School Store
5. Pens (black or blue), pencils, and highlighters for the entire school year.
6. Wired earbuds/headphones available at Amazon, Five Below, Wal-Mart etc.
7. All curriculum related material (Textbooks and Workbooks) will be distributed in class.
All MBIT students are required to wear a uniform daily. If students do not have the required apparel, they will NOT be permitted to participate in the classroom/shop activities which will result in a zero on their daily assessment. Uniforms for the program can be purchased at www.mbitschoolstore.com. The website will specify what is required and recommended for purchase. Uniforms should be ordered no later than August 14th so students will have them for the first week of school. Students will receive their uniform orders in their classroom. Due to the nature of the automotive industry, uniforms will show wear quickly. Regular laundering will extend the life of the uniform. Make sure you purchase enough to last the entire school year.
Once you receive your login, please complete the necessary student information, emergency forms and invoice payment via the PowerSchool Information Registration System by August 27, 2021. Students will not be permitted to participate in their shop activities until all forms are completed. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.
Your success at MBIT is our success. Class begins on Monday, August 30, 2021.
Paul Ciarlone and Robert Schwarz
Automotive Technology Instructors