In order to begin employment in any Pennsylvania public school, all employees are required to complete the following mandatory paperwork:
- PA State Police Request for Criminal Record Check
- PA Act 24 - Arrest/Conviction Report Form PDE 6004
*Please note: In addition to those offenses listed on the form, if convicted of any unlisted felony or any unlisted first-degree misdemeanor, there is a new requirement that the applicant must wait 10 years on the felony or 5 years on the misdemeanor after the end of his or her sentence before applying for a job. (There is an exception for a 2nd offense of DUI where it is graded as a first degree misdemeanor. There, the exclusion period is three years from the end of the sentence.)
- Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Federal (FBI) Criminal History Record Information (CHRI)
- PA School Health Form (Physical & PPD)
- MBIT Employment Application
- Act 168 of 2014
- One form must be completed for each employer that falls within the following:
- The applicant’s current employer.
- All former employers of the applicant that were school entities.
- All former employers where the applicant was employed in a position where he or she had direct contact with children. This includes schools, daycares, summer camp, etc.
- An employee may not begin working until all verification forms are completed.
PLEASE NOTE: All new employees must complete the above form in order to begin employment.