2021-2022 School Year
Dear Student and Parent/Guardian:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Middle Bucks Institute of Technology (MBIT), where student success is our first priority. Congratulations on choosing to enhance your high school educational experience with a technical component through our school. You have made an excellent decision in selecting and developing a career pathway in our Electrical Technology Program. We are here to assist you in achieving your goals by providing a supportive environment for high-quality education.
I’m sure you will find this to be an exciting and rewarding experience and I look forward to molding you into a skilled learner. I also look forward to working with you, the parents, as I believe there is a direct correlation between parental involvement and student success.
The following materials will be needed for Electrical Technology:
1. Pack of colored pencils (Black, Red, Yellow)
2. Pencil pouch for a 3-ring binder
3. A scientific calculator
4. Safety work boots
5. Black MBIT ELT logo polo shirt.
6. Black MBIT ELT logo sweatshirt
a. All MBIT students are required to wear a uniform daily. If students do not have the required apparel, they will NOT be permitted to participate in the classroom activities which will result in a zero on their daily assessment. Uniforms for the program can be purchased at www.mbitschoolstore.com. The website will specify what is required and recommended for purchase. Uniforms should be ordered no later than August 14th so students will have them for the first week of school. Students will receive their uniform orders in their designated classroom.
7. Assorted hand tools as per program of studies. A list is enclosed and there will be a reminder the first week of school. (Approximately $150.00 – returning students should already have these items)
8. Student Activity Fees – invoice will be provided via PowerSchool Information Registration System
ELT Basic Tool List
Klein brand tools are recommended but not required
• Tool Pouch and belt
• Digital Clamp-on Multi-meter (must have volts AC and DC, Amps, Continuity)
• Plug-in Receptacle tester
• T-strippers (Wire strippers, must be able to strip 14-gauge wire)
• #2 Phillips screwdriver
• #1 & #2 Slotted screwdriver
• 9” Lineman’s pliers
• Diagonal cutters
• Utility knife
• Tape measure
• Nail apron
When school begins, your child will receive a Student Handbook explaining our school rules. Our prime concern is the safety of your child and that we provide an atmosphere that is conducive to optimal learning and teaching.
Once you receive your login, please complete the necessary student information, emergency forms and invoice payment via PowerSchool Information Registration System by August 27, 2021. Students will not be permitted to participate in their labs until all forms are completed. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.
Your success at MBIT is our success. See you on August 30, 2021.
Electrical Technology Program Instructor