2023-2024 School Year
Dear Student and Parent/ Guardian:
Welcome or welcome back to Middle Bucks Institute of Technology (MBIT), where student success is our first priority. You have made an excellent decision in selecting a career path in our Residential Construction Carpentry Program. We are here to assist you in achieving your goals by providing a supportive environment for high-quality education.
There are several requirements we ask the student to meet which will aid the student in the necessary class and laboratory activities. Returning students may have all and or some of these items already. Ultimately, new and returning students need to have these items on the first day of the new school year.
School Supplies List.
- 1 - Pack of #2 hard lead pencils (24)
- 4 - Pink hand erasers
- 1 - Composition Book
- 1 - Standard Calculator (Non-Scientific)
- 1 - Sending school supplied laptop with charger
- 1 - Flexible 12” Ruler
- 1- Set BallPoint Cheap Pens
Personal Protective Equipment
- 1 - Hardhat
- 2- High Visibility Shop Uniform T-Shirts
- 1 - High Visibility Shop Uniform Hoodie
- 1- Pair work boots with puncture resistant soles that are preferably white and or tan
- 1- Pair work pants. Jeans, carpenters pants and or carpenter’s bib overalls are acceptable
- 1 - Belt for the work pants.
- 1- Pair work gloves
- Winter jacket (Not needed for the first day of school)
All MBIT students are required to wear a uniform daily. If students do not have the required apparel, they will NOT be permitted to participate in the classroom activities, which will result in a zero on their daily assessment. Uniforms for the program can be purchased at www.mbitschoolstore.com starting August 1st. The website will specify what is required and recommended for purchase. Uniforms should be ordered no later than August 14th so students will have them for the first week of school. Students will receive their uniform orders in their designated classroom.
- 1- 16 or 20 ounce hammer with a smooth face. No milled face hammers please
- 1- 25’ of greater tape measure
- 1- Metal speed square 7”
- 1- Chalk line with red chalk
- 1- Retractable utility knife
- 1- Six in one screwdriver
- 1- ¾ Inch wood chisel
- 1- Nail punch set small/ medium/large
- 1- Red, yellow and green aviation snips set
- 1- Cat’s paw/ pry bar combo
- 1- Set stair gauges
- 1- 1” Putty Knife
- 1- 2 inch angled sash paint brush
- 1- Slip joint pliers
- 1- Pack carpenter’s pencils and or mechanical carpenter’s pencil with replacement lead
- 4- Black sharpies
- 1- Impact bit set for drills
- 1- 24” tool bag with small combo lock to lock the zipper.
- 1- Scratch awl
- 1- Brass pencil scribe (General Tools)
- 1- Tool Belt with two bags that are adjustable. One piece tool belts are acceptable but not recommended. Suspension rigs and suspenders are allowed and recommended.
When school begins, your child will receive a Student Handbook explaining our school rules. Our prime concern is the safety of your child and that we provide an atmosphere that is conducive to optimal learning and teaching.
Please assist your child in acquiring the required materials and supplies by August 31, 2023.
Once you receive notification, please complete the necessary student information, emergency forms and invoice payment via the PowerSchool Information Registration System by August 31, 2023. Students will not be permitted to participate in their labs until all forms are completed. Thank you for your assistance and cooperation. Please contact us if there are any questions, or if you have difficulty providing the required materials and supplies.
We are looking forward to the upcoming year and recognize the importance of home support and participation. For this purpose, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Construction Carpentry Instructor